Sunday, November 27, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 27

Today, I am thankful for mashed potatoes. I love potatoes almost any way - french fried, tater tot (though less so because they tend to be so greasy), hash brown (see tater tot) but the best way is mashed. Bonus points if there's garlic involved. And sometimes cheese (the real stuff, not plastic-y cheese like velveeta or nacho cheese)

Thanksgiving gives me the excuse to eat it more often than one normally should. Tonight, I made my garlic mashed potatoes - complete with butter, milk, garlic (whole cloves) and salt and pepper.

I could wax philosophical about mashed potatoes but that would just be silly. They're just yummy.

This won't be the last time I make this this wonderful guilty pleasure, comfort food.

How do you like YOUR potatoes?

Red Rose

No comments: