Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Two for Two

Wow... two for two on not taking pictures of something that happened during they day. My life's simply not that incredibly interesting right now. I go to work, I immerse myself in learning the show and then I come home.

The main excitement tonight? Remembering and finding the wesome strawberries found at Krogers. I know... I live an exciting life. Yummy dessert, though.

Today was a normal prep day, and then some of the staff stayed to listen to the chorus music rehearsal. The chorus music is GORGEOUS. Absolutely stunning. I love it. I can't wait to hear it layered with the principal artists. I'm excited about this show.

Here's a picture from one of the recent batches of photos I put up on flickr:

Chihuly - Mo Botanical Garden


Famed glass artist Chihuly created an integrated exhibition within the Missouri Botanical Garden. Already a stunning garden, the beauty was enhanced by his glasswork.

Ever since he had an exhibit at the St. Louis Art Museum, I've been fascinated with his work. In the exhibit, he had created one little room with a drop-glass ceiling. In that dropped part, there was about 6 inches between the actually ceiling and the room's ceiling. He had scattered different glass pieces of varying sizes and colors. And it was lit from above. I swore right then and there that if I ever had money to spare, I wanted a room like that. Chilhuly-blown glass or not. It was stunning.

Hopefully, I'll get back to this whole march project thing, or else its going to be a few weeks of rerun pictures. I started this blog when I was on 'vacation', so we'll see how often I'll actually get to post. I just need to get to the end of March and then I'll post when I have the inspiration and the time.

No comments: