Sunday, March 9, 2008

Vantage Point

I spent the evening with family friends, and after a dinner of delicious BBQ (tempered only by a chilling wind), we headed to the nearby movie theatre to see what was playing. Because of our timing, there was only one movie that didn't require a long wait: Vantage Point.



Having seen the previews on TV more than a few times, it certainly had piqued my interest, but I wasn't exactly rushing to the theatre to see it.

So we saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cast comprises of Dennis Quaid, Matthew Fox, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker and William Hurt among others. Told in Rashomon style format, the story takes place over about 45 minutes but is told from several different perspectives, hence the title.

When you think you've figured out what's going on, they leave you on a cliffhanger like no tomorrow and it all starts again. If you think everything is given away in the trailer, you're wrong. It sets up just enough that you can pay attention to the details, and believe me, this movie is about the details.

It's a suspense thriller along the lines of the Bourne trilogy, complete with a car chase.

If that's your thing, then I suggest you check it out. I think this movie will be one that I add to my collection, I definitely want to see if I can see the small details that I missed.

No comments: