Sunday, March 16, 2008

Windy Day

Today was a gorgeous day. Also, a much more productive day, this being my last known free day for awhile. Not that I won't have them, (I have to have them every 10 days I think), but I won't know which day they'll be too far in advance. And quite often, we'll have fabulous weather all the days I work, but the day off will have horrid weather.

So I definitely went out to take advantage of the day. Except Hermann Park (my intended destination) was a zoo. It was insanity. I wonder if there was something special going on - there were extra stop signs and police cars watching traffic. Whatever it was, I couldn't wait to turn around and get out of there. Instead, I decided to head my neighboring park, Memorial Park and explored the picnic areas.

I found a quiet stone bench and decided there wasn't much to photograph, so maybe I'd sketch and/or watercolor a bit. Except inspiration ran a bit dry. I finally sketched something and no, you don't get to see it. I'm terrible at drawing and sketching. But I took some photos of the paints and water, for the heck of it.

Watercolor Palette


Watercolors


Memorial Park


The moderate winds which were lovely, also blew in some clouds. Not wanting to get rained on, I packed up and did a grocery store run.

Now, I'm just relaxing and hoping to hang out with a friend, schedule depending. And I have to go to bed at a reasonable hour... for tomorrow, work begins!

And thanks to USITT, it'll be reunion week as well!

No comments: